With the rise of ChaGPT, everyone is aware to get quick information from that chat. Samsung Data Leak reported as engineers unintentionally used it for source code verification.
Although it was unintentionally but what can be done if you are feeding information to chatGPT yourself? So while you put your questions remember, GPT is analyzing your data and gives answers based on that. Read more in this blog;
In today’s digital world, AI chatbots have become quite important for businesses to streamline their customer service operations and many other tasks.
However, the use of AI raises concerns about digital privacy, as in case of Samsung Data Leak incident. Let’s dive deeper into what happened and what it means for the future of these AI-bots.
The Incident: How Samsung’s Private Data Was Leaked?
The semiconductor division of Samsung provided engineers access to ChatGPT for source code verification. Unfortunately, in three separate instances, employees unintentionally disclosed private information:
- Worker posted a private source code in chat to check for mistakes.
- Another person sent ChatGPT some important code and asked for code optimization oops.
- 3rd offered a meeting recording that might be used to create presentation notes.
All this information was given online, and ChatGPT had access to it.
What is the Samsung’s Response to recent data leak Incident?
- They have taken quick action to address the issue.
- To prevent future breaches, it has limited ChatGPT uploads to 1024 bytes per user.
- On the other hand, they are looking into who was responsible for the breach and considering developing its own internal AI chatbot to avoid future mishaps.
- Lastly, recalling some of the exposed data is doubtful because ChatGPT uses data to train its models unless some user requests to opt-out that prompt.
Here are the Concerns Raised by the Use of AI Chatbots;
The recent incident has raised concerns about the use of AI chatbots and digital privacy.
- Samsung’s mishap isn’t the first time a chatbot has caused a privacy issue.
- Recently, OpenAI’s Chat-GPT falsely accused a law professor of sexual assault oops, raising concerns about the spread of false information and its effects on people’s reputations and lives.
Conclusion: Privacy Concerns and the Future of AI Chatbots
The incident at Samsung serves as a reminder of the potential risks associated with the use of AI chatbots. While they offer numerous benefits, digital privacy is a concern that must be taken seriously.
As businesses continue to adopt AI chatbots, it is essential to develop strict data policies and provide thorough training to employees. Otherwise, privacy breaches may lead to significant consequences.
Here is what ChatGPT has to say;
I am an AI language model trained by OpenAI, and I don’t have the ability to access or review any specific instances of data leaks or breaches. However, it’s important to note that companies and individuals should always take necessary precautions to protect their sensitive information and data, especially when using AI chatbots or other automated tools.
It’s also essential for users to be aware of the potential risks and to avoid sharing any confidential or sensitive information in chats with AI language models or other automated tools. As AI technology continues to evolve, it’s likely that we will see more discussions and developments around privacy concerns and data security in the future.
Follow TechOnClick for more such news from techworld.