Meta (formerly known as Facebook) has partnered with the International Fact-Checking Network (IFCN) at the non-profit Poynter Institute to provide free fact-checking training in Pakistan.
This training is suitable for;
- Academics, and
- Aspiring fact-checkers
The Course Details:
- The course consists of three modules, each focusing on a different aspect of fact-checking including;
- Finding fact-checkable claims
- Verifying information, and
- Debunking fake news.
- There is also a special section dedicated to health misinformation & disinformation, which is particularly relevant given the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic
- This is designed to be self-paced, allowing participants to work at their own speed and can do anytime.
- Currently available in 15 languages, including English and national Urdu.
- The language can be customized to suit your own preferences, making it accessible to everyone regardless of your experience level.
- It is not limited to any specific gender or age group, it is accessible to all.
Why is Fact-Checking Important?
Aya Lowe, the Integrity Partnerships Manager for the Asia Pacific region at Meta, highlights the significance of fact-checking in tackling misinformation.
She believes that providing free courses like this is crucial to upskilling people in Pakistan, as it can lead to the development and enhancement of the entire system.
Meta and IFCN: Partners in Supporting the Information Ecosystem:
Meta and the IFCN are known for supporting the information ecosystem, and they have collaborated for Meta’s Third-Party Fact-Checking Program, which aims to provide journalists with assistance.
If you’re a journalist, academic, or aspiring fact-checker in Pakistan, don’t miss this chance to upskill yourself and help tackle misinformation.
Enroll in Meta’s free fact-checking course today and take control of the information ecosystem in your country
If you found this article informative, don’t miss out on future updates.
Subscribe to our blog and stay up-to-date with the latest news and trends in Technology.